Tuesday, July 18, 2006

 

Chicken Slaughter in Colorado



Good Shot

Please see the article link here.

Well, all I can say is these folks do not need to go deer hunting with me! Obviously, there is some confusion here. Live poultry, beef, swing, waterfowl, venison or any other live animal requires processing before placement in the cooler shelves for sale. I wonder if there are any processing facilities in their fair city?

I presume the chickens are USDA approved and the slaughter process is within industry standards. However, I am not sure about the statement from the store owners "There is no butchering or slaughtering whatsoever," said Trujillo. "It's a sophisticated state-of-the-art technology." Either the report is incomplete or intentionally misdirected and/or the statement taken out of context. If the chickens arrive at the store alive, there IS a slaughter process unless this is part of the 'state-of-the-art technology'. Am I missing something?

At any rate, come to the camp with me in November-Jaunary. Along with venison, you could get a breakfast treat of fresh fried rabibit, red-eye gravy, eggs and biscuits.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?